Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Birthday my Little Bug.

   I really should get better at this blogging thing. Maybe make it a priority? But then again, to me, that's just not reality. As I meant and had in my mind to post this already Monday, (and it's now Friday) procrastination got the best of me, again.
SO...

To my one and only, and forever little sister, watching you turn four was nothing but pure joy. Being able to watch you go from being wrapped up in a little hospital blanket and seeing those little hats sag on you head...



 
 
         ... To then watching you start to discover the world around you



You stole my heart from the beginning little bug. You stole everyone around you with them bold blue eyes. Always filled with such wonder and amazement. The simplest things would take you in and make you
content. So curious. Such a dreamer.  



With you around, there is never a dull moment. Your sass takes us all to a whole new level. You are a source of joy in our everyday lives, and to me you will always be a sign of faithfulness from God. Always
believe in God's word to you baby, he will never fail you. You are a fulfilled promise. 

 I never realized how fast time really does fly, or how much you can grow up in just one short period of time. I remember all of the good days of you being a baby, but I also remember the bad. I remember those nights when you would be at the hospital not being able to breathe, I remember being scared, but I also remember you being a fighter. You may have only been one or so, but you still encouraged me. I remember you taking your first steps.. I mean it only took you till 16 months, but hey, who says you have to follow the book and be like everyone else walking at 11 mo. That is what made you, you. For you my bug, are you and only you. Unique and perfect, the exact way God intended.


   As you would tell me.. " Sis, I just love you all the up to the moon"...


I often wonder if you will ever remember me living here at home with you. In just a few years I'll be up and   out of here, but baby one thing never changes. Forever you will be my little sis.


 So as I reflect upon all the memories that have led up to making you four, I start to realize you aren't so little anymore, you aren't a baby. As you would say, you are very big, big, big, BIG girl. And as you just continue to get bigger, grow up, and continue your journey, you can always count on me.




So my little bug, there's only one thing left to say. Happy birthday my very big girl.


   Much love,
Elizabeth. XOXOXO.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment